Hi! My name is Jen Torborg and I’m a pelvic health physiotherapist in Wisconsin, USA. I am the author of a pelvic floor physical therapy series. My first two books were specific to pelvic health during pregnancy (Your Best Pregnancy Ever) and postpartum (Your Best Body after Baby) and can be found on Amazon in kindle, paperback and audio versions. My third book, Your Pelvic Health Book, which is being released this weekend, Saturday, April 6th, is a book about pelvic health for a wider range of ages.
Your Pelvic Health Book is a guide to better understanding your pelvic floor, bladder, bowel, and sexual health, as well as changes that can occur during menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause. This book contains tips for people with vaginas and/or uteruses through various ages and stages. This book is written by a pelvic floor physical therapist who has a passion for sharing conversational-style general pelvic health tips.
- Anatomy and physiology of the bladder, bowel, and sexual/reproductive systems as it pertains to vaginas and uterus.
- The pelvic floor: why it is important, and how to contract, relax, and lengthen the pelvic floor muscles to your advantage, how the pelvic floor is coordinated to your breathing, posture and movement patterns.
- How product choices can affect your pelvic health.
- Bladder health: healthy bladder habits and how to treat urinary frequency, urgency, and leakage.
- Bowel health: healthy bowel movement patterns and how to address bowel dysfunctions (such as pain, constipation, IBS, gas or fecal incontinence).
- Sexual health: safe and healthy sex experiences and how to treat unwanted pain with sex
- The physiology behind menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause, and the difference between normal changes and treatable symptoms.
- How physical therapy and other resources can help before and after pelvic and abdominal surgery, and with pelvic organ prolapse or diastasis recti abdominis.
Get your copy on Amazon today.